A workshop experience with one-on-one coaching to help you gain confidence in your work and get ready to show in galleries!
We will discuss tactics for developing a cohesive body of work, craft an artist statement and résumé, learn how to properly document your work, and build a system of organization to successfully target and apply for gallery shows with ease. We will discuss which shows or opportunities are right for you and you'll wrap up the workshop by submitting your first gallery application!
This workshop is for you if you are...
- struggling to identify whether or not you are ready to show your work
- searching for better tactics to properly document your work in a consistent, organized, and easy way
- trying to find ways to build a more cohesive body of artwork
- unsure how to write an artist statement or put together an Artist's résumé/cv
- needing a few coaching sessions to get you inspired and moving on your goals
- wondering how to locate opportunities and successfully apply to gallery shows
The workshop is broken into four sections:
Developing a Body of Work
Writing Your Artist Statement and Résumé
Building Your System (and Staying Organized!)
Applying To Galleries with Confidence
Each part of the workshop features a comprehensive PDF guide full of insightful content and encouraging videos that cover the topics above and more. You'll receive 3 one-on-one coaching sessions with Kaylan to discuss your work, develop your artist statement, and form a plan for submitting to a gallery.
You will be expected to participate fully in this experience, digging deep into your art practice and engaging with your work in new ways. Kaylan will encourage and guide you with grace in this often daunting and overwhelming process!